The Telecom Architect (TA) is based in our operations and has complete ownership of the relationship between Factory and their dedicated portfolio of customers. They will be direct accountable individuals for the entire life cycle of the multiple solutions under their responsibility, guaranteeing accuracy, quality and time line accomplishment. Their goal is to gain a complete understanding of the client’s needs and effectively communicate them to the software factories.
• The TA will be required to deliver End-to-End Solutions for all Business Units (mobile, financial, corporate and home) requirements. They will work closely with marketing (Consumer), Sales (Go To Market), Customer Operation (Include Billing Operation) and others business areas, creating winning proposals and successfully delivering within budget.
• The TA will be responsible for the design and implementation of regional solutions (CRM, Middleware, Billing, Rating, Activation, etc.) and other IT platforms, meeting standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of information systems.
• The TA will be responsible for the governance of the SOA architecture (Service Oriented Architecture). Continuously identify areas of improvement in our Solutions Framework and take initiatives to new approaches to optimize our existing processes.
• The TA will be responsible for the entire life cycle of the multiple solutions and needs to show detailed knowledge of the processes involved at each stage of project planning and execution, as well as methods for resolving issues that can occur throughout.
• The TA will be responsible for ensuring that all development practices are in compliance with Millicom’s best practices, policies and procedures.
• The TA will be responsible for tracking and maintaining all records and metrics, and reporting project progress to management.
• The TA will be responsible for identifying the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
• The TA will be responsible for preparing a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• The TA will be responsible for maintaining software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
• The TA will be responsible for ensuring the overall integrity of the software architecture and validating it against the system specification.
• The TA will be responsible for coordinating efforts with all the operations in the region to maximize resources and standardized solutions.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer)
• Post graduate and/or courses in Software Architecture
• Minimum 4 years of experience working in the IT industry (Telcos preferably)
• Understanding of project management principles
• At least 3 years of UML experience
• Proved project management experience in CRM, ERP and Billing. (For Telcos preferably)
• Minimum 5 year experience in software development using software factory methodology and SOA Architecture (Telcos preferably)
• Experience in Business Processes for Telcos (eTOM Model preferably)
• Experience contract management (Software factory preferably)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE
• Strong technical understanding of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), internet-related applications and technologies (JAVA, Application servers, databases, Operating Systems, Content Management, networks)
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in Business Processes for Telcos (eTOM Model preferably)
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in CRM processes and applications (For Telcos preferably)
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in Billing System processes and applications (For Telco’s preferably)
• Knowledge in developing and maintaining ITIL policies and procedures
• Knowledge and experience in project management. Must have very strong skills in project Initiation (particularly in requirements gathering, understanding the level of detail required to proceed with any project), project estimation, planning and rapid mobilization
• Good understanding of computer system characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
• Experience in connecting and applying complex technologies to business strategies. Ability to understand complex, technical subjects
• Management and leadership
• Exceptional service and results orientation
• Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving problems
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Successfully presents technical information. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior management
• Ability to achieve results through others
• Excellent self-organization and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills
• Set and manage priorities
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technological advances is crucial.
For the full position description and complete selection criteria, qualified candidates are requested to visit and submit an on-line application by clicking on the link below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The closing date is March 12, 2013.